Cavs introduce Sergey Karasev
I like the Sergey Karasev pick even more now that the Cavs have added talent in free agency. The kid is only 19 so he needs time to develop. With the current roster Mike Brown can bring him along slowly, and hopefully let him focus on spot-up threes to stretch the defense.
Andrew Bynum talks playoffs
Andrew Bynum struck all the right chords today in his introductory press conference. He talked about playing a full season, putting in the work and getting the Cavs to the playoffs. I like how he spoke about his relationship with Mike Brown as well. Let’s hope his effort matches his words.
Betting on the NBA for the upcoming season
Even with new draft picks and Andrew Bynum, it will be a while before the Cavs are included in the list of NBA favorites.
With the fast pace of basketball, there are very few sports that can match its intensity, making it one of the most watched sports in the USA. With players seeming to explode with power as they gracefully move around the court with the ball ducking and dodging the defensive players. All of this makes for a great spectator sport and makes the NBA season so exciting. This is the reason why so many people enjoy watching basketball on TV. With the 2012-2013 season having just finished and because of that many people are actually starting to think about betting on who will win the next season.
Competition is always tough when it comes to the NBA but one team seems to have stood out over the past few years is the Miami Heat, having been in the championship finals three years running now and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop any time soon. Bookmakers have them at 2/1 on bringing home the title again this year. On the other side of the conference war though there are a couple of other teams that look really impressive including the San Antonio Spurs (12/1) and the Oklahoma City Thunder (6/1), both have what it takes to win a championship and look a good bet for the upcoming season.
With it being so hard to decide who will win the next NBA title there is an alternatives at sites like MobileCasino.mobi. Slot games related to basketball are massively popular amongst NBA fans on these sites. The most popular of which is Slam Dunk, a slot game that mixes basketball icons and sound effects with a bonus round to give NBA fans a themed alternative to betting on the NBA.
Andrew Bynum signs with Cavs
Here’s a pleasant surprise. Andrew Bynum has signed with the Cavs, and it looks like a low risk, high reward deal. The risk is low because the Cavs are only guaranteeing $6 million. While many are still concerned about Bynum’s knees, the upside here is huge. If healthy Bynum is possibly the best low-post player in the league.
With the additions of Jarrett Jack and Earl Clark, coupled with the rookies and the return of Anderson Varejao, the Cavs suddenly have a very deep roster. The guard and front line rotations in particular can be very good.
At the very least the Cavs now have a real shot to be a contender. Fortunately they passed on Nerlens Noel, and instead decided to take their risks with a player that cost them nothing other than $6 million guaranteed.
I like their moves.
Cavs land Anthony Bennett and Sergey Karasev
The Cavs shocked almost everyone when they took Anthony Bennett in the first round, disappointing some fans but also letting the rest of us breath a sigh of relief. I wanted pretty much anyone other than Nerlens Noel, so I was fine with this pick. The the Cavs pleased most of their fans as Sergey Karasev fell to them at #19 and they pulled the trigger. Here are some initial observations:
- I’m thrilled that they went with two guys who know how to score and can shoot. The Cavs desperately needed offense, and I didn’t want a project like Noel who only brought defense and dunks.
- Most experts believe Bennett will be a real force with the pick-and-roll, so he can be a perfect fit with Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters.
- Karasev is also an excellent compliment as he can shoot well from the outside, so he can be a great outlet for Irving and Waiters when they drive to the rim.
- Bennett looks like a beast; a little like a Charles Barkley or Larry Johnson type player. Who knows if he’ll approach their level of success, but the guy looks like a baller.
- Both players have very high basketball IQs. They know how to pass the ball and involve teammates.
- I’m not worried about their defense. Mike Brown will make sure they learn how to play, and defense is all about effort and can be taught.
- Noel was a major risk, and he’s a much better fit for a team like Philly that is tanking now for next year’s lottery. The Cavs are too far along in their rebuilding process to wait for a player coming off a torn ACL.
Overall, I like what Chris Grant is doing. Let’s hope the team can stay healthy and we see real improvement this season.